Senior Fellow (Melbourne Law Masters)
Frank worked for 12 years with the Australian Taxation Office and was with Corrs Chambers Westgarth for 16 years, 9 as a partner, that included roles as a Practice Group Leader and as a Board Member. Frank has been a member of the Victorian Bar since 2003. Frank practices principally in Commonwealth taxation law. He does appearance work in Courts, Tribunal work, advice work, and assists in resolving taxation disputes in various styles of alternative dispute resolution processes, as an advocate or as a mediator/conciliator, across a broad range of taxation matters.
Incidental to his practice, Frank is also:
- a Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal Senior Member (part time) (2009 to date);
- an International Association of Tax Judges member (2014 to date);
- a University of Melbourne, Law Faculty, Senior Fellow teaching taxation subjects in the Melbourne Law Masters program (2004 to date);
- a Law Council of Australia, Business Law Section, Executive member (2007 to date) and former Treasurer, Deputy Chairman (2010-2011) and Chairman (2012 and 2013);
- a Law Council, Business Law Section, Taxation Committee member (1995 to date) and the Deputy-Chair (Melb) (2003 & 2004) and National Chair (2005 & 2006) of that committee;
- a Law Institute of Victoria, Taxation Law Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee member from its 1999 inception to date;
- a Chartered Tax Advisor and Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia;
- a Commonwealth Board of Taxation Advisory Committee member (2009 to date);
- a Federal Court Users' Committee member;
- a Mannix College (Monash University) Council member; and
- a CPA Australia Disciplinary Tribunal former Chair (2010 - 2012) and Deputy-Chair (2006 - 2010).