CREEL staff maintain interdisciplinary links with researchers across the University of Melbourne and tertiary institutions. Research outcomes are also disseminated publicly through publications, seminars and conferences and through the teaching program.
Recent examples of research by CREEL members include:
- climate law and policy/international and national legal frameworks
- legal and regulatory implications of greenhouse gas emissions trading
- law and policy relating to environmental impact assessment including reform of the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth)
- research on water law and policy reform in Australia and internationally
- the nature of off-shore petroleum exploration titles
- crown ownership of minerals in Australian States and Territories
- agreement-making with indigenous peoples and native title law in Australia and internationally
- aspects of competition policy relating to energy production and distribution.