In 2013, the Review introduced an advance access policy.
Advance versions of articles will be published here as they become available. Advance versions are subject to change prior to the final print and online versions. Advance versions are paginated individually beginning at 1; page numbers will be different from the final print and online version.
Advance versions should be cited as, for example: Michael Crommelin, 'Powers of the Head of State' (2015) 38(3) Melbourne University Law Review (advance).
Volume 41(1) is now published and can be viewed here.
Volume 41(2) Forthcoming
- Charities Are the New Constitutional Law Frontier
Nicholas Aroney and Matthew Turnour
- The Constitutional Prohibition on Imposing Religious Observances
- Liability for Assisting Torts
- The 'Reasonable Tort Victim': Contributory Negligence, Standard of Care and the 'Equivalence Theory'
Joachim Dietrich and Iain Field
- Appeals from Discretions, Satisfactions and Value Judgments: Reviewing the House Rules
- The Unstable Province of Jury Fact-Finding: Evidence Exclusion, Probative Value and Judicial Restraint after IMM v The Queen
- Simplifying Legal Decisions: Factor Overload in Civil Procedure Rules
- The Limits of Political Libel: Conscription and the Ryan v The Argus Libel Trial
- Open Secrets: Balancing Operational Secrecy and Transparency in the Collection and Use of Data by National Security and Law Enforcement Agencies
Lyria Bennett Moses and Louis de Koker
- The Utility of Citizenship Stripping Laws in the UK, Canada and Australia
Sangeetha Pillai and George Williams
- Judicial Review and Public Law: Challenging the Preconceptions of a Troubled Taxonomy
- The Evolution of Bias: Spectrums, Species and the Weary Lay Observer
Volume 41(3) Forthcoming
- Rights in Geospatial Information: A Shifting Legal Terrain
Isabella Alexander and Marlena Jankowska
- Shelter from the Storm: Phoenix Activity and the Safe Harbour
- Remedies for Migrant Worker Exploitation in Australia: Lessons from the 7-Eleven Wages Repayment Program
Laurie Berg and Bassina Farbenblum
- A Compromised Balance? A Comparative Examination of Exceptions to Age Discrimination Law in Australia and the UK
- The Future of Joint Trials of Sex Offences after Hughes: Resolving Judicial Fears and Jurisdictional Tensions with Evidence-Based Decision-Making
- The Concept of Coherence in Australian Private Law
- Equal Consideration and Informed Imagining: Recognising and Responding to the Lived Experiences of Abused Women Who Kill
Anthony Hopkins, Anna Carline and Patricia Easteal
- The Introduction of Limited Liability into the English and Australian Colonial Companies Act: Inevitable Progression or Chaotic History?
- Shotgun Referendums: Popular Deliberation and Constitutional Settlement in Conflict Societies
- The Doctrine of Extended Joint Criminal Enterprise: A 'Wrong Turn' in Australian Common Law
- Recovery of Upkeep Costs, Claims for Loss of Autonomy and Loss of Genetic Affinity: Fertile Ground for Development?
Jordan English and Mohammud Jaamae Hafeez-Baig
Critique and Comment
- Executive and Legislative Power in the Implementation of Intergovernmental Agreements
The Hon Robert French AC
- The Changing Positions and Duties of Company Directors
The Hon Justice Geoffrey Nettle