This scheme is designed to enhance collaborative work between international researchers and members of MLS
Monday 22 May 2017
The International Research Visitors Scheme is designed to enhance collaborative work between international researchers and members of Melbourne Law School. The scheme funds academics from outside Australia to spend between six weeks and three months working in Melbourne Law School on a research project with one or more members of staff. In return, the visitor will be expected to demonstrate substantial progress on a work to be jointly published with one or more members of staff. The visitor will also be expected to participate in Melbourne Law School life through, for example, giving a presentation at one of the weekly research seminars if requested, and assisting with research students. Melbourne Law School academics will be required to submit a report on the outcomes of the research collaboration within six months after the visit concludes. Please note that international research visitors will require a visa for their visit to Melbourne Law School. As visa requirements vary, it is important that, if awarded International Research Visitors Scheme funding, visitors review the Law School’s Visiting Scholars webpage for information and contact email@example.com for assistance.
Funding and support
- Up to four (4) academics will be funded each year.
- Funding of between $5,000 and $10,000 will be awarded per visitor to cover, for example, airfare and accommodation expenses. Where the research visitor also receives other funding to visit the University of Melbourne or Melbourne Law School (e.g. as a Senior Fellow in the Melbourne Law Masters program), funding through the IRVS will be reduced accordingly.
- Melbourne Law School will also provide office space, a computer and access to all the required research tools such as databases and library assistance.
Guidelines and application form
The MLS applicant(s) should submit:
- a completed application form;
- the research visitor’s curriculum vitae including a full publications list; and
- 2-3 page research proposal.
Ms Mas Generis
Office for Research
Melbourne Law School
Telephone: +61 3 8344 9983