The range of subjects reflects the relevance of both the domestic and international markets to the banking and finance specialisation.
The specialisation in banking and finance law is designed to provide students, practitioners and other professionals with a sophisticated understanding of the legal and regulatory framework for the Australian and international financial sector. Most subjects have a practical focus. Subject choice includes banking (eg lending and banking products), funds management, finance transactions, superannuation, financial services and capital markets.
Banking and Finance Law Study Options
- Mr David Krasnostein (Chair)
- Professor Bob Baxt AO, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Ms Elizabeth Flynn
- Ms Jodi Fullarton-Healey, ANZ
- Ms Deborah Hambleton, Bendigo Bank
- Mr Fred Hawke, Clayton Utz
- Mr Michael Johnston, Westpac
- Mr Alan Maclean, K&L Gates
- Mr David Olsson, King & Wood Mallesons
- Mr Ian Paterson, King & Wood Mallesons
- Associate Professor Stacey Steele, Melbourne Law School
- Mr Bruce Whittaker, Ashurst
Have a question? Submit an enquiry