- J. Howe, A. Chapman and I. Landau (eds), The Evolving Project of Labour Law: Foundations, Development and Future Research Directions (2017), Federation Press
- D. McCann, S. Lee, P. Belser, C. Fenwick, J. Howe and M. Luebker (eds), Creative Labour Regulation: Indeterminacy and protection in an uncertain world (ILO Publications, 2014).
- I. Landau and J. Howe, ‘State Extraterritorial Regulation and Decent Work in the Asia Pacific’ in J. Bellace and B. ter Haar eds., Research Handbook on Labour, Business and Human Rights Law (Edward Elgar, 2019).
- P. Mahy, R. Mitchell, J. Howe and M. Tranfaglia, ‘What is Actually Regulating Work? A Study of Restaurants in Indonesia and Australia’, in D. Ashiagbor ed., Re-Imagining Labour Law for Development: Informal Work in the Global North and South (Hart Publishing, 2019).
- S. Kinsella and J. Howe, ‘Global Perspectives on Wage Stagnation’ in A. Stewart, J. Stanford and T. Hardy (eds), The Wages Crisis in Australia: What it is and what to do about it (University of Adelaide Press, 2018) 21-40
- J. Howe, ‘A Different World: The Regulatory Project in Labour Law’ in J. Howe, A. Chapman and I. Landau (eds), The Evolving Project of Labour Law: Foundations, Development and Future Research Directions (2017), Federation Press, Australia, 72 - 87.
- J. Howe, A. Chapman and I. Landau, ‘The Evolving Project of Labour Law’ in J. Howe, A. Chapman and I. Landau (eds), The Evolving Project of Labour Law: Foundations, Development and Future Research Directions (2017), Federation Press, Australia, 1 - 21.
- J. Howe, ‘Regulatory Facilitation of Voice’ in A. Bogg and T. Novitz (eds), Voices at Work: Continuity and Change in the Common Law World (Oxford University Press) 381-399
- M. Rawling and J. Howe, 'The regulation of supply chains: An Australian contribution to cross-national legal learning' in K. Stone, H. Arthurs (ed), Rethinking Workplace Regulation: Beyond the Standard Contract of Employment (2013) 233-252.
Journal Articles - Refereed
- T. Hardy, Richard Johnstone and J. Howe, ‘Emerging Business Models and the Evolving Regulatory Response: Perspectives from Australia and Beyond’ (2019) 32 Australian Journal of Labour Law 1-4.
- C. Dent and J. Howe, ‘Ownership of New Knowledge Created in a Contracted Relationship’ (2019) 32 Australian Journal of Labour Law 147-169.
- A. Forsyth and J. Howe, ‘Reaching Across the Ditch: Similarities and Differences in The Trajectory of Australian and New Zealand Regulation of Collective Labour Relations 1988-2018’ (2019) 50 Victoria University of Wellington Law Review 215-231.
- S. Charlesworth and J. Howe, ‘The Enforcement of Employment standards in Australia: Successes and Challenges in Aged Care’ (2018) International Journal of Comparative Labour Law and Industrial Relations 111-140
- T. Hardy and J. Howe, ‘Creating Ripples, Making Waves? Assessing the General Deterrence Effects of Enforcement Activities of the Fair Work Ombudsman’ (2017) 39 Sydney Law Review 471 - 500.
- A. Forsyth, J. Howe, P. Gahan and I. Landau, ‘Establishing the Right to Bargain Collectively in Australia and the UK: Are Majority Support Determinations under Australia’s Fair Work Act a More Effective Form of Union Recognition?’ (2017) 46(3) Industrial Law Journal 335 - 365.
- J. Howe, ‘Labour Regulation Now and in the Future: Current Trends and Emerging Themes’ (2017) 59(2) Journal of Industrial Relations 209 - 224.
- A. Pekarek, I. Landau, P. Gahan, A. Forsyth and J. Howe, ‘Old Game, New Rules? The Dynamics of Enterprise Bargaining under the Fair Work Act’ (2017) 59 Journal of Industrial Relations 44 - 64.
- I. Landau and J. Howe, ‘Trade Union Ambivalence Toward Enforcement of Employment Standards as an Organising Strategy’ (2016) 17(1) Theoretical Inquiries in Law 201–227.
- T. Hardy and J. Howe, ‘Chain Reaction: A Strategic Approach to Addressing Employment Non-Compliance in Complex Supply Chains’ (2015) 57 Journal of Industrial Relations 563–84.
- C. Arup, C. Dent, J. Howe and W. Van Caenegem, 'Restraints of trade: The legal practice' (2013) 36 University of New South Wales Law Journal 1-29.
- J. Howe, T. Hardy and S. Cooney, 'Mandate, discretion, and professionalisation in an employment standards enforcement agency: An antipodean experience' (2013) 35 Law & Policy 81-108.
- T. Hardy and J. Howe, 'Too soft or too severe? Enforceable undertakings and the regulatory deilemma facing the Fair Work Ombudsman' (2013) 41 Federal Law Review 1-33.
- T. Hardy, J. Howe and T. Cooney, 'Less energetic but more enlightened? Exploring the Fair Work Ombudsman's use of litigation in regulatory enforcement' (2013) 35 Sydney Law Review 565-597.
- J. Howe and A. Newman, 'Collective bargaining and the ownership of employee creation' (2013) 26 Australian Journal of Labour Law 273-299.