See CREEL's recent submissions
2021 - current
- Dr Brad Jessup, Submission on Draft Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) (Mineral Industries) Amendment Regulations 2022 and associated regulatory impact statement, 18 August 2022. More information, here. The submission is available to read here.
- Led by Professor Jackie Peel and Ms Rebekkah Markey-Towler, alongside contributors: A/Prof Peter Christoff, Prof Robyn Eckersley, Prof David Karoly, Dr Brad Jessup, Dr Erin O’Donnell, Dr Lily O’Neill, and Prof John Wiseman, 12 August 2022. Public submission to the Environment and Communications Legislation Committee’s inquiry on the Climate Change Bill 2022 and the Climate Change (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2022. The submission is available to read here.
- Kathryn Bowen, Josephine Brown, Peter Christoff, Andrew King, Rebekkah Markey-Towler, Jacqueline Peel, Peter Rayner, Robyn Schofield, John Wiseman, Annabelle Workman, Submission to Victoria’s emissions reduction target for 2035 (May 2022)
- A/Prof Ben Neville, Rebecca Burdon and Rebekkah Markey-Towler, APRA Prudential Practice Guide: Draft CPG 229 Climate Change Financial Risks (July 2021)
- Melbourne Climate Futures, Victoria’s Adaptation Action Plan: Response to Built Environment AAP (August 2021)
- Hope Johnson, Parker, Christine, Sievert, Kate, Russel, Cherie, Dickie, Sarah, Sacks, Gary, & Lacy-Nichols, Jennifer (2021), Submission to the Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee - Definitions of Meat and Other Animal Products Inquiry available at https://findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/scholarlywork/1568265-submission-to-the-senate-inquiry-on-definitions-of-meat-and-other-animal-products
- Jessup B, Aprile M, Laurence A, Synthetic statutes: Unwrapping the new environmental duty within Victoria’s plastics communities, submitted to the Environment Protection Authority in 2021.
- Godden L, gave evidence before the Victorian Parliament Legislative Council, Ecosystem Decline in Victoria Inquiry (May 2021)
2016 - 2020
- Nelson, R, Submission to Independent Review of the EPBC Act 1999, April 2020
- Alan Shaw, Leo Bromberg, Bruce Dyer, Jane Kotzmann, Joanna Kyriakakis, Stephen Newman, Christine Parker, Stephen Newman, Animal Welfare Lawyers Submission to Victorian Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions, Consultation - A New Animal Welfare Act for Victoria, 14 December 2020.
- Rebecca Nelson, Erin O’Donnell, Alessandro Pelizzon, Sue Jackson, Michael Douglas, Afshin Akhtar-Khavari, Nia Emmanouil, Cristy Clark, John Page, Lee Godden, Submission to NT Water Regulatory Reform Directions Paper, April 2019. 22pp.
- Nelson, R, Submission to the Victorian Government’s Improving Stormwater Management Advisory Committee, July 2018. 6pp.
- Nelson, R, Submission to the Victorian Government’s Draft State Environment Protection Policy (Waters), June 2018. 7pp.
- Dr Anita Foerster and Prof Jacqueline Peel, Submission to the Consultation on Fourth Edition of Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (July 2018)
- Nelson, R, Submission to the Productivity Commission’s Inquiry into the Reform of Australia’s Water Resources Sector, October 2017. 9pp.
- Emma Carmody, Barbara Cosens, Alex Gardner, Lee Godden, Janice Gray, Cameron Holley, Bruce Lindsay, Liz Macpherson, Rebecca Nelson, Erin O’Donnell, Lily O’Neill, Kate Owens and Darren Sinclair, Submission to the Productivity Commission’s Inquiry into the Reform of Australia’s Water Resources Sector (December 2017). 10pp.
- Godden, L, et al., Submission to the Climate Change Authority, Special review: Australia’s climate policy options, 19 February 2016.
- Jessup, B, contributed to The University of Melbourne submission to the Victorian Parliament Economic, Education, Jobs and Skills Inquiry into Community Energy Projects (September 2016).
- Nelson, R, Unattributed contribution to University of Melbourne submission to Victorian government water reform discussion paper, “Water for Victoria”, 13 May 2016.
- O’Donnell, E, Unattributed contribution to University of Melbourne submission to Victorian government water reform discussion paper, “Water for Victoria”, 13 May 2016.
- Parker, C, Submission to the Consultation on the Australian Consumer Law (Free Range Egg Labelling) Information Standard 2017 (8 December 2016).
- Foerster, A., Peel, J., Osofsky, H., and McDonnell, B., Submission to the Senate Standing Committees on Economics (Inquiry into Carbon Risk Disclosure), Carbon Risk Disclosure Submission 14 (31 March 2016).
- Caripis, L, Courts Policy Strategic Policy and Legislation, Victorian Department of Justice, Submission on VCAT Fee Regulatory Impact Statement, 13 February 2013.
- Godden, L et al, Submission to the Senate Standing Committee on Environment and Communications, Inquiry into Recent trends in and preparedness for extreme weather events, 18 January 2013. Download PDF [963 kb]
- S Goldsmith, J Wallace and L Godden, Submission to the Murray Darling Basin Authority on the Murray Darling Basin Plan, 9 April 2012.
- Caripis, L, Senate Standing Committee on Environment and Communications, Inquiry into the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Retaining Federal Approval Powers) Bill, 2012.
- Fisher D, A Gardner, Lee Godden, J Gray, J McDonald, C McGrath, Poh-Ling Tan, Anita Foerster. March 2011. Submission. Joint Statement on the Water Act 2007 (Cth) Submission to the Senate Inquiry (Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee) into the provisions of the Water Act 2007.
- Lee Godden. 25 March 2011. The Senate Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs. Submission to the Inquiry into the provisions of the Water Act 2007. Download PDF [661 kb]
- Lee Godden, Jacqueline Peel and Anne Kallies. 24 December 2010. Interdepartmental Task Group Discussion Paper: A Cleaner Future For Power Stations'. Submission to ITG Secretariat Energy and Environment Division Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism.
- Jacqueline Peel et al. 'Submission on the Australian government's Clean Energy legislative package.' Joint submission on the recently released draft legislation for Australia's Clean Energy Future, which will establish the proposed carbon pricing mechanism.
- Professor Lee Godden, Submission to the Senate Standing Committee on Environment, Communications and the Arts: Inquiry into Water Licences and Rights, 16 October 2009. Download PDF [239 kb]
- Professor Lee Godden, Professor Maureen Tehan, Ms Kathleen Birrell and Mr Angus Frith, Submission to the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts (August 2009). Discussion Paper on proposed reform to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage Protection Act 1984 (Cth).
- Professor Lee Godden, Associate Professor Jacqueline Peel, Ms Anne Kallies, and Mr Michael Power, 'Comments on the Exposure Draft of the Carbon Pollution Reduction Bill 2009', 14 April 2009. Download PDF [119 kb]
- Professor Lee Godden, Associate Professor Jacqueline Peel and Ms Anne Kallies, 'Submission to the Senate Select Committee Enquiry on Climate Change Policy', 8 April 2009. Download PDF [36.9 kb]
- Professor Lee Godden, 'Submission to the Senate Standing Committee on Environment, Communications and the Arts — Inquiry into the Operation of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (C'th)', 30 September 2008. Download PDF [78 kb]
- Professor Lee Godden, Associate Professor Jacqueline Peel and Ms Anne Kallies, 'Submission on Draft Victorian Bilateral Agreement under the EPBC Act', 10 November 2008. Download PDF [47 kb]
- Professor Lee Godden, Associate Professor Jacqueline Peel and Ms Anne Kallies, 'Submission to Green Paper on a Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme', 9 September 2008. Download PDF [354 kb]
- Professor Lee Godden, Ms Anne Kallies and Associate Professor Jacqueline Peel, 'Submission to the Emissions Trading System of the Garnaut Climate Change Review', March 2008. Download PDF [217 kb]
- Professor Lee Godden, Ms Anne Kallies, 'Submission to Desalination Plant', Invitation for Public Comment- EPBC Act (1999) Referral, February 2008