Melbourne Law School
Global Economic Law Network
- Andrew Mitchell and Tania Voon, Australian Research Council Discovery Project, Balancing National Security and Economic Interests in Foreign Investment ($288,000) (2020-2023).
- Andrew Mitchell, Australian Research Council Future Fellowship, International trade and investment treaties contain overlapping provisions that have been subject to divergent interpretations by tribunals settling associated disputes. Proliferation of such treaties has created conflicting obligations, significant uncertainty for states and businesses, and an increasing potential for government liability. Through a comparative study of targeted countries, legal concepts and sectors, this project reconceptualises the fields of international trade and investment law in order to maximise their coherence. By providing a framework for reform of existing treaties and negotiation of future treaties, the project offers concrete benefits for government and industry through increased consistency and predictability ($912,612) (2013-2017).
- Andrew Mitchell and Tania Voon, Australian Research Council Discovery Project, Revisiting Australia's Preferential Trade Agreements and Bilateral Investment Treaties to Safeguard Regulatory Autonomy ($320,000) (2013-2016).
- Andrew Mitchell and Tania Voon, Australian Research Council Linkage Project with Cancer Council Victoria, A Collaborative Approach to Designing Regulatory Measures on Tobacco, Alcohol & Unhealthy Diet: Public Health, International Trade & Investment Law ($120,000) (2013-2016).
- Andrew Mitchell and Tania Voon, Australian National Preventive Health Agency, Preventive Health Research Grant with Cancer Council Victoria, A Collaborative Model for Combating Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs): Coherence Between Regulation on Risk Factors and International Law ($389,640) (2012-2015).