Terms of Reference
The role of the Advisory Council for the Indigenous Law and Justice Hub involves:
- Providing general strategic advice to the Hub and its staff
- Assisting in driving the direction of the Hub’s activities, relevant to critical Indigenous legal issues and community requirements.
- Facilitating broadening the Hub’s reach of influence and opportunities for further resourcing including through community organisations, industry, research organisations and the philanthropic sector.
- Advocating for the Centre’s activities with government and community organisations.
Advisory Board members
- Clinton Benjamin (Bardi, Yawuru, and Kija), National Native Title Council
- Professor John Borrows (Chippewa), University of Victoria Faculty of Law, British Columbia
- Anton D'Amico, LSS Indigenous Student Representative
- Tim Goodwin (Yuin), Barrister
- Tony McEvoy (Wirdi), Barrister
- Sana Nakata (Torres Strait), Faculty of Arts
- Professor Pip Nicholson, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (People and Community) and Deputy Provost
- Elly Patira (Gunai and Ngapuhi), Department of Premier and Cabinet (Victoria)
- Karri Walker (Nyiyparli), First Peoples' Assembly of Victoria