The Legal Professions Research Network exists to foster innovation and collaboration between scholars, regulators, policy-makers and practitioners in the production of world-class research and evidence informed policy-making in the fields of legal services and legal education.
Overview of the Legal Professions Research Network
A major emphasis of the Network is on creating sustained national and international collaborations with leading researchers and practitioners working at the cutting-edge of legal, regulatory, ethical, organisational, and technological developments in the legal professions. The network is also developing a program of visiting fellowships, workshops, and publications that advance innovative scholarship, policy-making and practice, and will inform developments in legal education and training.
The Legal Professions Research Network is engaging in research covering issues which are of significance to the legal profession, educating and training our future legal professionals.
The LPRN's work is broadly organised around three key thematic areas. These themes both reflect individual research interests across the Network and particularly inform the strategic direction and collaborative research priorities of the LPRN.
Selected publications by Melbourne Law School academics affiliated with the Legal Professions Research Network
There are no events to display at the moment.
Please check back later.
- 8th International Legal Ethics Conference 2018ILEC 2018 Conference
- Thursday 6:00pm - 7:00pmRegulating Automated Legal Advice Technologies: Identifying the issuesSeminar
- Friday 1:00pm - 2:00pmSocrates versus Confucius: How South Korea Negotiated and Incorporated 'American Style' Law Schools and Lawyering Methods into Its EcosystemPublic Seminar
- Thursday 6:00pm - 7:00pmCharacteristics of lawyers who are subject to complaints and misconduct findings: Evidence from a legal regulator in Victoria, AustraliaPublic Seminar
- Thursday 6:00pm - 7:00pmRepresenting RapistsPublic Seminar
- Thursday 6:00pm - 7:00pmThe Perils of meta-regulating large law firms: Codes, culture and valuesPublic Seminar
- Tuesday 10:30am - 4:30pmLegal Services ForumForum
- Wednesday 5:30 pm - 6:30 pmMapping the Moral Compass: Exploring the Ethics of In-House LawyersEvent
- Wednesday 3:30 pm - 6:30 pmA Masterclass in Remaking Law FirmsEvent