Outline of the organisation
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realised. It has the global authority to influence decision-makers, and the variety of partners at grassroots level to turn the most innovative ideas into reality. That makes them unique among world organisations, and unique among those working with the young. UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfil their potential.
UNICEF runs an Internship Programme for eligible students at both UNICEF headquarters and country offices. Internships provide the opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF's work under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Further information is available here.
- You need to be a currently-enrolled graduate or post-graduate student in a field related to UNICEF’s interests. You must be enrolled during the full duration of the proposed internship period. At this time it does not accept undergraduates.
- You should be fluent in English and one other UNICEF working language.
- Your academic performance should be excellent, as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Your application for an internship should be supported by your university or related institution. A minimum requirement is a letter from one of your professors supporting your application. This is only needed when an internship assignment has been offered to you.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in the field of international development, particularly in areas of UNICEF priorities.
- Ability to adapt and work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Has strong commitment to the values and principles of the United Nations and UNICEF's mission, guiding principles and Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Internship opportunities are advertised here. All applications must be submitted through the online e-recruitment system. To apply for an internship, open the internship advertisement page and click on the “Apply” button found at the bottom.