Melbourne Law School first offered Teaching Fellowships in 2009. These prestigious Fellowships are only available to candidates enrolled in a PhD at Melbourne Law School (or have received an unconditional offer to enrol in the PhD at the time of application). The Fellowships include teacher training and mentoring, teaching and administrative experience and full inclusion in the intellectual life of the Law School. When combined with the excellent research support program available to all PhD students enrolled at Melbourne Law School, the Fellowships provide outstanding training for leading academics of the future.
The aims of the Teaching Fellowship are to:
- Provide a range of teaching experiences that will allow you to develop skills over the period of your candidature (i.e. three years);
- Provide an additional source of income on top of your scholarship to allow you to focus on your PhD;
- Offer an opportunity to develop relationships with teaching mentors in addition to your PhD supervisors;
- Offer an opportunity to develop a teaching portfolio that will be recognised by universities as evidence of a Fellow's credentials as having both a theoretical understanding and practical experience of teaching; and
- Involve Fellows in Melbourne Law School's vibrant and exceptional academic community. To this end, Fellows will be provided with a workspace, computing facilities, access to extensive resources (including staff common rooms in the Law School building), inclusion in regular Law School teaching and research seminars and a web profile/homepage as a Melbourne Law School Teaching Fellow.
How to apply
Application Details for 2021 Teaching Fellowships
An update on the 2021 teaching Fellowships program will be available soon.
In order to be eligible for a Teaching Fellowship in 2021 you must either be enrolled in our PhD Program or have submitted a formal application for admission for the 2021 PhD program intake.
For any queries, please contact the Office for Research.
Office for Research
- +61 3 8344 8946
- Mailing Address
- Office for Research, Melbourne Law School, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
- Street Address
- Office for Research, Level 3, Melbourne Law School, 185 Pelham Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
- Opening Hours
- Monday-Friday, 8.45am-5.00pm