About the CSC Agreement
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) - University of Melbourne PhD Scholarship was established to promote international collaboration and is awarded to citizens of the People's Republic of China wishing to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree at the University of Melbourne.
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) will provide:
- a living allowance of approximately $20,400 per year (2018 rate) including Overseas Student Health Cover
- a return airfare between China and Melbourne by the most economical route
- visa application fees.
The University of Melbourne will provide:
- a full tuition fee scholarship for a PhD for up to four years
- a supplementary living allowance of around $10,200 per year (2019 full-time pro rata rate) for up to four years.
China Scholarship Council - University of Melbourne PhD Scholarship applications opened 1 July 2019 and close 25 January 2020.
How to Apply
This is a two stage application process.
- Apply online for entry to the PhD, including a Melbourne Law School Research Proposal.
- To obtain a copy of the Research Proposal form, please click on the button below.
Enquiry for a PhD
- Information on minimum entry requirements can be found here.
- Once you have submitted your PhD application online, you will automatically be considered for the CSC – University of Melbourne PhD Scholarship.
- If you receive a PhD offer (and a tuition fee scholarship offer), then you may apply to the CSC for the living allowance portion of the scholarship. The University’s PhD place offer and the tuition fee scholarship offer will need to be included with the CSC application. For further information, visit the CSC website.
For detailed information, please review the China Scholarship Council – University of Melbourne PhD Scholarship web page.