The Melbourne Law Masters offers masters degrees, graduate diplomas and single subjects across specialist legal areas to deepen knowledge and understanding in a general or specialised area of law. All areas are led by an expert in the field and many areas are linked with a research centre or institute, which are a valuable academic resource for students.
Melbourne Law Masters Program
2019 Melbourne Law Masters program includes:
- Over 180 subjects on offer
- 19 new subjects
- New suite of digital law and technological innovation subjects
- 25 specialist legal areas
- Interactive seminar style lectures
- Small class sizes (20-30 students)
The 2019 program brings an array of international experts as well as Australian practitioners from all sectors of the legal profession, to ensure a continuation of the mix of in-depth legal knowledge and its practical application.
Distinctive Features of the Program
- Extraordinary depth and breadth of subjects and specialisations
- A student centred program – flexible and responsive course design – most subjects taught intensively in small interactive classes
- Diverse professional network; networking opportunities with teachers and a diverse cohort of students drawn from all parts of Australia and all regions of the world
- Superb facilities and support services, including a comprehensive orientation program and services offered by the Legal Academic Skills Centre and the Law Library
Australia's first and leading law school
Melbourne Law School is ranked:
- No 1 law school in Australia and No 7 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject, 2018)
- No 1 law school in Australia and No 8 in the world (Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings by Subject, 2018)
The University of Melbourne is ranked:
- No 1 in Australia and No 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2019)
- No 1 in Australia and No 38 in the world (Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2018)
Fees and scholarships for international students
Tuition fees are charged for each year that you are enrolled and you will pay tuition fees according to your specific enrolment in any given semester.
Melbourne Law School offers a range of scholarships that recognise outstanding academic achievement and provide support to future students who might otherwise be excluded due to disadvantaged circumstances.
Why Choose Melbourne Law Masters?
When barrister Natalie Campbell decided to pursue further study, she was looking for a program that would fit in with her busy work and family life. The Melbourne Law Masters offers a flexible program that allows Natalie to take on the next challenge and reengage with the legal areas she is most passionate about.
Want to find out more?
Subscribe to our Masters Community to learn more about the courses, subjects, entry requirements, key application dates and more.