Frank O'Loughlin KC
Frank has been a member of the Bar since 2003 practising principally in taxation and commercial law.
Before joining the Bar:
- Frank worked for 12 years with the Australian Taxation Office in the technical (assessing and compliance) and management/ administration branches. He was a Director in the Melbourne Office of the ATO when he left to join Corrs Chambers Westgarth; and
- in 1987 Frank joined Corrs Chambers Westgarth, becoming a partner in 1994. Subsequently, he became a Practice Group Leader and was a Board Member when he left the firm to join the Bar. His practice was principally a taxation and corporate and commercial law practice.
Frank practices principally in Commonwealth taxation law. He does appearance work in Courts, Tribunal work as a Deputy President, advice work, and assists in resolving taxation disputes in various styles of alternative dispute resolution processes, as an advocate or as a mediator/conciliator, across a broad range of taxation matters.
Incidental to his practice, Frank is also:
- a part time Deputy President of the Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal;
- a member of the International Association of Tax Judges;
- a member of the Law Council, Business Law Section, Taxation Committee and former Deputy-Chair (Melb) and National Chair of that Committee;
- a Chartered Tax Advisor and Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia;
- a member of the International Fiscal Association Australian Branch;
- a member of the Federal Court Users' Committee;
- a member of the Mannix College (at Monash University) Council;
- a former member of the Executive of the Law Council of Australia, Business Law Section (2007 to 2021), and former Treasurer, Deputy Chairman and Chairman of the Section;
- a former member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Taxation Law Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee (from its inception to 2021);
- a former member of the Commonwealth Board of Taxation Advisory Committee (2006 to 2015); and
- a former CPA Australia Disciplinary Tribunal Chair (2010 - 2012) and Deputy-Chair (2006 – 2010).
Melbourne Law Masters