- 1994 Master of Laws, Monash University
- 1984 Admitted as an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- 1983 Bachelor of Laws (Degree with Honours), University of Melbourne
- 1980 Bachelor of Commerce (Degree with Honours), University of Melbourne
- July 1999, Director, Tax Consulting, Pitcher Partners.
- 1997 - 1999, Associate Professor, School of Business La Trobe University, Bundoora.
- 1994 - 1996, Partner in Charge, KPMG's Asia Pacific Tax Centre.
- 1990, Partner, KPMG (following merger of Touche Ross & Co, Australia and KPMG Australia).
- 1989, Partner, Touche Ross & Co.
Melbourne Law Masters