Melbourne Law School would like to congratulate the following alumni on their success:
- David Brookes (LLB 1974) appointed to the County Court of Victoria.
- Gregory Garde AO (LLB(Hons) 1972, LLM 1975) appointed to the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- David McLeod (M Pub & Int Law 2003) appointed to the Magistrates Court of South Australia.
- SimonWhelan (LLB(Hons) 1976) and PhillipPriestQC (LLM 1992) appointed to the Court of Appeal
- Shatha Hamade (JD 2008) Australian Young Lawyer of the Year
- Will Alstergren (LLB 1990, LLM 2009) Victorian Bar Pro Bono Trophy
- Tom Hurley (LLB 1977) Ron Merkel QC Award
- Kristen Walker (LLB(Hons) 1991, LLM 1996) and MatthewAlbert (LLB 2004) Public Interest / Justice Innovative Award
Queen's Birthday Honours 2012
- Professor The Hon. Gareth J Evans ACQC (LLB(Hons) 1967)
- Robin Chambers AO (LLB(Hons) 1965)
- Simon McKeon AO (LLB 1978)
- Phillip Toyne AO (LLB 1974)
- Anthony Hyams AM (LLB 1969)
- Haddon Storey AMQC (LLM 1953, LLB(Hons) 1952)
- Peter Byrne OAM (LLB 1965)
- Judy Hogg OAM (LLB 1974)
- Janet Reid OAM (LLB 1977)
- Bruce Gardner PSM (LLB 1980)
- Commander Letitia D Van Stralen CSC (GDipMilLaw 2004)
Congratulations also to Melbourne Law School community member Professor Doug Jones AORFD, Professorial Fellow