- HeLEX@Melbourne team
Keeping pace with the health revolution
- Vaccination status – when your medical information is private and when it’s not
- TMR Podcast: When a patient hits 'Record'
Megan Prictor discusses the legal considerations of recording medical consults
12 November 2020
- Can you record your doctor's appointment?
Megan Prictor joins Dilruk Jayasinha - ABC Radio Melbourne
2 November 2020
- Want to record your doctor's appointment?
Great idea, but first, check it's legal
- Regulating Medical Devices in the 'Internet of Things'
New research explores the gap between regulation and practice in healthcare devices, particularly for type 1 diabetes, that are part of the Internet of Things
Triple R - Radio interview
Dr Carolyn Johnston, an expert on medical law and ethics comments on Victoria's new voluntary assisted dying laws that come into effect this week (at 01:10:43).
- DIY Diabetes Management: An Ethical Dilemma
Regulators are catching up with new DIY technologies that promise to help manage Type 1 Diabetes.
- Navigating Assisted Dying in Victoria
The legalisation of voluntary assisted dying in Victoria raises ethical, legal and policy challenges.
Podcast - My Health Record
Dr Megan Prictor was asked whether our personal and confidential data is safe in the system, and our options to restrict who can gain access and for what purpose.
- Health data - what's new in the law?
- If privacy is increasing for My Health Record data, it should apply to all medical records
- Private health sector most vulnerable to data breaches - report
- My Health Record – Opt In or Opt Out? The Pros and Cons
Radio Interview - 'Open House', Hope FM
22 July 2018
- My Health Record: your questions answered
Radio Interview - 'Life Matters', ABC Radio National
19 July 2018
- Data security in the spotlight
Dr Megan Prictor, Dr Jessica Bell and Associate Professor Mark Taylor say, The Notifiable Data Breaches scheme will help keep our data safer, but it could go further, like schemes overseas do.
- Data security: Radio interview
Radio Interview on Pulse Radio, Geelong with Dr Megan Prictor about the new Commonwealth Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme.
- Who owns your DNA?
DNA can provide unique information, but who actually owns it? According Dr Carolyn Johnston, Professor Jane Kaye, Dr Jessica Bell, Dr Megan Prictor and Dr Harriet Teare the answer is far from simple.
- Triple R - Radio interview
An episode of Breakfasters - 11 October 2017