The MLS Academic Research Service supports the research and publication effort of the Melbourne Law School (MLS) by providing comprehensive research support to
MLS academic staff.
Please note that the service is available only to MLS staff. For reference and research enquiries by non-MLS academics, please contact the Law Library at email@example.com or on 8344 8913 – the librarians will be happy to help.
If you are an MLS student and require assistance with legal writing and/or study skills, please contact the Legal Academic Skills Centre.
MLS Academic Research Service Team
MLS Academic Research Service team comprises two experienced law librarians and MLS JD and graduate research students.
MLS Academic Research Service provides a wide range of services, from basic to advanced, including:
- Research Assistance on all legal and multidisciplinary topics, including compilation of bibliographies and substantive legal analysis.
- Research Databases – advice on the latest research databases in your area of interest.
- Document Delivery & Photocopying – we can supply print and electronic material from the University's Library collections, the collections of other libraries, and other sources. We will also photocopy material for MLS academics to support your research. If you are visiting another library on campus, the MLS Academic Research Service can provide you with a photocopy card for use with any UniPrint copier.
- Alert/Current Awareness Services – we can advise on appropriate services. Please see the Keeping Up to Date in Law page on the Library website for information about the range of alert services available. If you want to set up your own alerts, the Keeping Up to Date in Law Research Guide will assist you.
- Publication Preparation – including footnote style formatting, and conversion from one style to another for journal articles, book chapters and books.
- Research Assistant Training – we conduct detailed and customised legal research training for MLS research assistants employed by Melbourne Law School academic staff.
To send us a request or discuss your research needs:
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trung Quach (03) 8344 1052
- Louise Ellis (03) 9035 3511
Visit us on Level 3.
In order to cover our costs, the Academic Research Service may charge for projects for which MLS academic staff have funding - this is charged at RA1 rate plus oncosts, which is approximately $50 per hour.
MLS Academic Research Service Annual Reports
Please view our Annual Reports by logging into the MLS Intranet.
- Phone Us
- Trung Quach (03) 83441052
Louise Ellis (03) 9035 3511
- Visit Us
- Level 3, Law Library