The Melbourne Law Masters provides a range of opportunities for orientation of new students, tailored to their different needs.
Orientation for full-time students
Start year intake: 25 February - 1 March 2019
Mid year intake: 22-26 July 2019
During Orientation Week students will:
- Meet the rest of the full-time student cohort
- Finalise subject choice and enrol
- Be introduced to Australian law and legal institutions and to the research and learning skills necessary in the MLM
- Be briefed on the resources that MLS has to offer and introduced to key personnel
- Be given the opportunity to make contacts in legal practice. Full-time international students are invited to participate in the MLS Mentor Program.
Full-time International Students
Registration is not required for international students.
Full-time Domestic Students
If you are a new domestic student who is intending to study full-time (four subjects per semester) you are welcome to attend the full-time student orientation week. While the focus for this week is primarily for new international students who have never studied in Australia, you might find it useful as well. Please let us know if you would like advice on what sessions might be most relevant.
If you would like to attend this week (or some of the sessions) please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 1 July. Please include your Student ID Number and let us know if you would like advice on what sessions might be most relevant.
Orientation for part-time students
Online via LMS (Learning Management System)
Orientation is designed to introduce part time students to the nature of study in the MLM, the various assessment requirements and the support and other services that the Law School offers MLM students. Students are able to:
- Access all the relevant documentation online
- Discuss subject choice by phone or email
- Participate in the Law Library's webinar series on legal research.
Students will be emailed when orientation information is available.