The specialisation in banking and finance law is designed to provide students, practitioners and other professionals with a sophisticated understanding of the legal and regulatory framework for the Australian and international financial sector.
Most subjects have a practical focus, with offerings including banking transactions, liability insurance, international financial regulation, financial services, project finance, capital markets and fast-growing areas such as sustainable finance, financial technology (FinTech) and the regulation of blockchain.
The range of subjects covers transactions and regulation in the financial markets (both domestic and international) and also the impact of technology and innovation.
Professor Belinda Fehlberg
Associate Dean for the Melbourne Law Masters
Banking and Finance Law study options
- David Krasnostein (Chair)
- Professor Bob Baxt AO, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Elizabeth Flynn
- Jodi Fullarton-Healey, ANZ
- Deborah Hambleton, Bendigo Bank
- Fred Hawke, Clayton Utz
- Michael Johnston, Westpac
- Alan Maclean, K&L Gates
- David Olsson, King & Wood Mallesons
- Ian Paterson, King & Wood Mallesons
- Associate Professor Stacey Steele, Melbourne Law School
- Bruce Whittaker, Ashurst