How to make a booking online
Discussions rooms can be reserved via BookIT.
The username and password required are the same as those used to access a PC in the Labs.
Melbourne Law School faculty staff may email booking requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Law Library has 20 discussion rooms. Rooms on level 4 are only available to Melbourne Law School students. The number of discussion rooms and location information is as follows:
- 8 discussion rooms are located on the fifth floor
- 8 discussion rooms are located on the fourth floor
- 4 discussion rooms are located on the third floor – note rooms 0302 and 0305 are available after 5pm weekdays and 10.00am-6.00pm Saturday and Sunday.
Keys are required for access to rooms on the fourth floor, and for room 0302. These rooms are only available to students enrolled in the following courses:
- Melbourne JD
- Melbourne Law Masters
- Melbourne Law School Research Higher Degree (PHD).
Present your student card to staff at the Information Desk to collect the key. Failure to return the key before the due date will result in a fine.
Other discussion rooms are available to Melbourne Law School students and non-law students. The rest of the discussion rooms do not require a key for access. If you overstay you may be asked to leave by incoming students or Library staff.
Conditions of use
- Rooms are only available to groups of two or more students. Bookings for use by individual students will not be accepted.
- No food is permitted.
- Please keep noise to a reasonable level.
- Never leave valuables unattended.
- When you leave please turn off the lights and close the door. If you are in a room that requires a key, please lock the door as you leave.
- If you are not able to make use of your discussion room booking please cancel it. You can do this by clicking on your existing booking, then click delete button.
- Due to heavy demand, if you do not arrive within 15 minutes of the booked time, the booking will be cancelled. If you arrive later than 15 minutes and still wish to use a room, contact Library staff at the front desk and they will allocate another room if the originally booked room is no longer available.
- Records are kept of all bookings and random checks on the use of discussion rooms are carried out.
- Do not leave books or other materials in the discussion rooms.
- To check about the limits of bookings you can made per day, check the BookIT website from the link below.